Servings: 4 Servings
Touches-of-Green Country Pasta — St. Patrick’s Day!
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 6-8 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Noodles
- 12 baby artichokes, or one 9 oz. package frozen artichoke hearts - thawed and quartered
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shelled peas, or frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Thin curls of Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, or until firm to bite. Drain and keep warm.
- Remove outer leaves from baby artichokes so no green leaves are left, only yellow or pale green leaves remain. Then remove pink or purple leaves from inside. Remove stems and quarter.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts, leeks, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the peas and the broth, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- In a large serving bowl combine warm pasta, artichoke mixture, parsley and mint. Toss to combine.
- Finish by topping with Parmesan curls.