Shrimp Scampi on Country Pasta
A special thanks to the Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) for this fabulous and delicious easy recipe.
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. Country Pasta (or ¾ lb. Fresh on Friday Linguine if you live in Polson!)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Grated zest from ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Cook Country Pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat in a large (12-inch), heavy skillet.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce.
- Toss well and serve.
Cooking time is 30 minutes (if you can multi-task!)