Creamy Tomato Beef Soup
We hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe on a cool day with friends and family.
Recipe courtesy of Keri Clyde
- 6 cups of water
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 oz uncooked Country Pasta
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- In a large stock pot combine combine water, celery, and one half of the chopped onion.
- Place on high heat, and stir occasionally.
- While soup base is cooking start noodles in separate pot and cook until Al Dente.
- In a medium skillet brown ground beef with remaining onion until beef is cooked through.
- Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add cooked ground beef to boiling water, celery and onion.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and add to large stock pot, along with the diced tomatoes and tomato soup.
- Next add the baking soda and stir. Add baking soda slowly as the reaction could cause the soup to bubble over.
- To finish add the chicken base and heavy whipping cream.
- Once all ingredients are in simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, and stir frequently.