Country Pasta & Scallops
National Pasta Association Recipe
- 16 ounces Country Pasta Egg Pasta, uncooked
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes or tomato wedges, drained
- ¼ cup pitted and chopped black olives
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-pound small scallops
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté green pepper, onion, and garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the edges of the onion turn golden.
- Add tomatoes, olives and oregano; heat until simmering.
- Add scallops and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain it well.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Add parsley. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.