Swedish Meat Balls over Country Pasta
Recipe courtesy of Chris, Hingham, MT
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork (not sausage)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. dry parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Prepare Country Pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine all these ingredients in a large bowl & mix well.
- Make small meat balls.
- Brown them in a frying pan with 1/4 cup oil. (You may have to cook them in batches.)
- Remove just the meat balls from the fry pan and set aside.
- To the fry pan add 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. salt & 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Whisk it all together along with 2 cup boiling water.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined, then add 3/4 cup sour cream.
- Whisk until all blended.
- Return the meatballs to the sauce & let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve proudly over Country Pasta & ENJOY!!!!!