8 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. chuck steak
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 ¾ c. beef broth
- 8-10 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. grated cheddar cheese
- Cilantro – optional for topping
- Combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, sea salt, pepper and set aside.
- Slice your onion into thin, half-moon slices.
- Turn pressure cooker to sauté mode; add oil and allow to heat (Note: we used the 6-qt. Instant Pot ®).
- Cut your steak into thin quarter inch strips.
- Once your pressure cooker is heated up add steak, onion and half of your seasoning mix. Sear the steak for about 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth and pasta. Stir
- Pour crushed tomatoes on the top, do not stir.
- Cut peppers into long strips. Place peppers on tin foil, fold foil into pouch and place on top of crushed tomatoes (this allows the peppers to cook without getting mushy).
- Close lid and pressure release valve, set pressure cooker on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it has cooked for 10 minutes, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil pouch with tongs and carefully open and incorporate the peppers into the pot. Stir in sour cream and the remaining seasoning mix.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.
We love this quick hearty dinner, and thank 365 Days of Slow Cooking for the inspiration.