Polish Country Pasta
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chuck steak. Trim fat and cube into ½ inch pieces.
- ½ medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- ½ medium red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped in large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. shortening
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar flavored bbq sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz. Country Pasta Egg or Wide Egg noodles
- Melt shortening in large, heavy skillet.
- Add green and red pepper, onion and garlic and brown for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add tomato chunks and chuck steak, mix well and allow steak to brown slightly.
- Blend ketchup and water in small bowl, and add to skillet.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil, then lower temperature to simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes.
- While simmering, cook 16 ounces of Country Pasta Egg or Wide Egg noodles (I recommend Wide Egg) according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over hot egg noodles with garlic bread or rolls.