Enjoy with a side of garlic bread (and a favorite red wine for you, with a big glass of milk for the kids).
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can sliced olives (if desired)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (if desired)
- Seasonings like oregano, basil, salt and pepper – to taste (just to jazz things up a bit and give it your own spin)
- 4 C. (16 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I usually add a bit more cheese, too)
- 1 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. Country Pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Drain once cooked.
- While pasta is cooking, in a skillet cook beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Then add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Drain the grease, and add the spaghetti sauce, olives, and seasonings.
- Stir all together.
- In an ungreased 5 quart crock pot, spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom.
- Put 1/3 of the cooked and drained noodles on top of the sauce.
- Combine cheeses and spread 1/3 of the mixture on top of the noodles.
- Repeat layers, and end/top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low in the crock put for about 4-5 hours.