Original recipe courtesy of Food.com
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chili pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1(14 ounce) can coconut milk or 2% milk if preferred
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 oz. Country Pasta
- Combine garlic, chili’s, and ginger and fry for approximately 1 minute in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok or sauté pan.
- Next, add onion and continue cooking for 10 minutes until the onions are transparent. Be sure not to let them brown.
- Halfway through cooking, add the chili powder, turmeric and curry powder.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place sliced chicken in separate pan and fry in remaining oil along with the ground coriander.
- Once the meat is cooked, add it to the above sauce and let it cook for a further 30 minutes on a low heat.
- While sauce is simmering on low, cook pasta according to directions.
If the sauce needs to be thickened, simply add cream or mix a teaspoon of corn flour with a drop of milk and add to sauce.