Recipe inspiration courtesy of Oprah.com
- 16 oz. Country Pasta cooked, drained, and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino (this could be substituted for another hard Italian cheese)
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 4 slices American cheese (we suggest for added flavor using a sharp cheddar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine the cooled pasta with eggs and grated cheeses in large bowl.
- Season pasta mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil to a large non-stick sauté pan, or a well-greased cast iron skillet and heat to medium heat.
- Once hot, add ½ the spaghetti mixture to the pan and flatten it out.
- Next lay 4 slices of American cheese, and add the remaining pasta mixture to the top.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes and flip. (Now this is the slightly tricky part. We took a team approach, and used additional plate for the flipping. However, if you are feeling your inner chef certainly go for it!)
- Cook the flipped side for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
This is a great all around family friendly dish, but we think it has so much more potential! Customize by mixing in cooked bacon bits, chopped & sautéed onion, or minced garlic for a more grown up flair. Our taste testers prefer a little spiciness and topped theirs with hot sauce and green chives. Enjoy!