Servings: 4-6 servings
A wonderful light flavored pasta that pairs well with fish and spring greens.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 16 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Wide Egg Pasta
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons; zest removed with a vegetable peeler and cut in very thin strips 1 inch long
- 11 oz. heavy cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and stir to separate. Cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente. (The noodles should still remain somewhat firm as they will cook again in step 3.) Drain pasta and return to cooking pot.
- Just before noodles are cooked to al dente, in a small pan combine the lemon zest, cream, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until cream comes to a boil.
- Pour cream mixture over drained noodles and add squeezed lemon juice (note you may want to start by adding 3 to 4 tablespoons and add to taste). Stir to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until all the liquid is absorbed. Season with additional pepper if desired.
We want to note that not everyone who tried this loved the large slices of lemon zest, so if that is the case in your house we suggest using a zester for smaller lemon zest. Lastly we topped ours with a little shredded Parmesan, enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food52