Spinach Fettuccine Salad
National Pasta Association Recipe
- 8 oz. Country Pasta Egg Pasta, uncooked
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound spinach, washed thoroughly and thickly sliced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Tarragon-Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together the pasta, red onion, 1/2 the bacon, and the mushrooms.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the vegetable oil, blue cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the vinaigrette.
- Spread the spinach over a large platter.
- Mound the pasta on top of the spinach and then garnish the salad with the hard boiled egg slices.