Savory Scallop Linguine
Recipe inspiration from The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen
10 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 12 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. Giant Scallops
- 1.5 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 C. Sweet Onion (Walla Walla Sweets!), chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes, chopped1 1/4 C. White Wine
- 1/8 - 1/4 C. freshly minced Parsley
- 1/2 Lemon for fresh-squeezed juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare Country Pasta according to package instructions, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Chop, dice, and prepare ingredients before cooking scallops, as this recipe will move quickly once you have started.
- Using paper towels, pat the scallops dry on all sides, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan using high heat. Once pan is hot, add 1 Tbs. olive oil, then scallops. Arrange scallops around the edge of the pan, not touching each other.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes without turning, this will properly sear each portion.
- Turn scallops and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Turn heat down to low, and add 1/2 Tbs. olive oil and saute onions with the leftover scallop pieces for 30-45 seconds, or until translucent. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and melt. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 10-15 seconds. Add tomatoes, return sautéed onions to pan, and stir.
- Increase heat to high and add white wine. Stir constantly and allow to boil for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to mixture, or add mixture to pasta in large bowl. Stir well to coat pasta.
- Add scallops to plate and serve.