Savory Harvest Fettuccine
- ½ lb chopped bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2 C. cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 3-4 C. sliced zucchini
- ½ tsp. Salt (to taste)
- 1 large lemon, for juice
- ¼ C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta
- In a large pot, bring water for pasta to a boil, and then cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, toss with a little olive oil or butter, and set aside.
- Chop bacon into bits, then place in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- While bacon cooks, chop onion, garlic, green onion, shallots.
- Remove bacon bits to paper towel to drain, and sauté vegetables in 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini and halve the tomatoes.
- Add zucchini to the pan and salt mixture to taste. Continue cooking until zucchini is tender, about another 6-8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, bacon and tomatoes, cook for 1 additional minute.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
Serve with green beans or a fresh garden salad and dinner rolls. For a meatier version, add Italian Link Sausage.