Servings 6 - 8
Quick Country Pasta Lasagna
We love family friendly recipes, and with this one the whole family can not only enjoy together but cook together too!
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 6-8 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 c. Onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 28 oz. canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Basil Paste (or 1 Tbsp. fresh Basil)
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 large Egg
- 1 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1 c. grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 ½ c. shredded Mozzarella, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add noodles and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat add sausage and cook, make sure to break up into small pieces. Once sausage is cooked to golden brown (about 8 minutes) add red pepper, onion, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook all combined for 1-2 minutes more.
- Next stir in tomatoes and basil. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes until it begins to thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While sauce is simmering, in a small bowl lightly beat egg. Stir 1/2 c. Parmesan, 1/2 c. mozzarella, and 1 c. ricotta into the egg.
- Using a 2 qt. baking dish layer ingredients starting with an even layer of sauce on the bottom, top with a layer of noodles, followed by the cheese mixture spread over the noodles, then ladle the remaining sauce over cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 c. Parmesan and 1 c. mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is a golden brown, and sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired before serving.