One Pot Creamy Chicken Florentine Country Pasta
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2-3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can mushrooms (optional)
- 5 oz. julienne cut sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. Country Pasta
- 1 15 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 c. fresh baby spinach
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, melt butter and olive oil together. Brown the chicken, mushrooms and onion in the butter and olive oil until chicken is cooked through. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and sauté 2-3 more minutes. Add salt and pepper and stir to mix through.
- Cover chicken mixture with chicken broth and bring to low boil. Add Country Pasta and boil until al dente, stirring regularly to keep pasta from sticking to bottom of pan. (Note: if you added too much pasta, you’ll need to add water in ½ C. increments to make sure pasta is covered and has enough water to absorb for cooking process.)
- Once pasta is cooked, add can of fire roasted tomatoes, stirring to heat. Then add mozzarella cheese and stir until combined. Mix in the spinach and cream and heat through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.