Ham Mac & Cheese Casserole
This isn't your kids Mac & Cheese.
- Butter, for greasing dish
- 16 oz. wide egg noodles
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (packed) grated Fontina
- 3/4 cup (packed) finely grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup (packed) grated mozzarella
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package. Drain well, but do not rinse.
- Whisk the cream, milk, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Stir in 1 cup Fontina, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, ham, and parsley.
- Add the noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Toss the remaining 1 cup Fontina, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup mozzarella in a small bowl to blend.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the noodle mixture.
- Bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts and begins to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis Macaroni and Cheese.