Recipe Submitted by Deborah S. from Idaho
- 2+ cups de-boned cooked chicken (I roast a 2 1/2 - 3 lb. chicken one night, then cover it with water and boil down the leftovers and remove all the bones & cartilage)
- Liquid from boiled chicken 8-10 cups
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (use leaves if attached)
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated or chopped small
- 2 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon dried parsley salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 package Country Pasta Egg Noodles
- Bring the chicken broth and chicken to boil.
- Add all other ingredients except noodles.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and boil until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
To roast whole chicken: remove the neck and giblets, wash and pat dry with paper towels. Spread soft margarine all over skin and place about 1 tablespoon in the cavity (or can use spray oil, butter will burn.) Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, the one that comes with most ovens works great on a cookie rack. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, seasoning salt, paprika, and a little poultry seasoning, sprinkle inside cavity also. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 1 hour, turning it over after 1/2 hour. To test for doneness separate the leg and thigh from the body, if juices run clear it is done, if it is still red or bloody continue cooking, checking at 10 minute intervals.