The perfect blend of seasonings meld together in this fresh and flavorful soup, and will leave you with thoughts of your favorite Mexican restaurant!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 lbs. Roma Tomatoes - halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil + more for tomato roasting
- 5 oz. Homemade Style Wide Egg Pasta
- 2 Tbsp garlic - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cilantro - roughly chopped, divided
- 1 lb. chicken breast - cubed
- Feta cheese and lime wedges for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place halved tomatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until they begin to caramelize. Once tomatoes are cool enough to handle, roughly chop and set aside.
- While tomatoes are roasting, heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil and pasta. Cook until pasta begins to brown (this will take about a minute). Next add the onion, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook until the onion is softened. Add the stock and 3/4 cup of cilantro. Bring to a simmer and add the cubed chicken breast. Cook chicken thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes to the soup mixture and continue to cook for a few minutes allowing the flavors to meld.
- Divide soup into servings and top with Feta, Lime wedges, and remaining cilantro.
This recipe was a huge hit with the Country Pasta team. For this soup we do suggest gently breaking up the pasta into smaller "spoonable" noodles.