Recipe courtesy of Rachel Ray
- 16 oz. Country Pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. ground burger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 - 14oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 1 - 8oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add Country Pasta (water should cover all pasta).
- Cook pasta for 18 - 28 minutes, or until it reaches your desired "bite".
- While pasta is cooking, begin sautéing chopped bacon over medium/high heat in a deep skillet until it is brown and crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Next drain off excess fat, but leaving enough to coat the bottom of the skillet; add ground beef and cook thoroughly. Remove fat from ground beef if needed.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir into the cooked ground beef.
- Season meat mixture with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of beer and deglaze pan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes more, then stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add the hot (drained) pasta to the meat and sauce and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cooked bacon, sharp cheddar, and green onions.