Country Pasta Carbonara
- 16 ounces Country Pasta Egg Pasta, uncooked
- 6 oz. turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1-cup egg substitute, or pasteurized egg
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the bacon and garlic in a small skillet over medium-low heat until the bacon is lightly browned.
- Add the wine, and bring to a boil, increasing the heat; cook until the wine is reduced by about half.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg substitute and the parsley with the bacon, garlic and wine reduction.
- When pasta is al dente, drain well and add hot pasta immediately to the bacon mixture.
- Add Parmesan cheese and toss, working quickly.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve.