Servings: 4 servings
Country Chicken Mushroom & Tomato Florentine
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 7 ounce small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces of Country Pasta
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese + extra for topping
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the butter and cook the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink. Add the olive oil and cook the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms until tender. Add in the flour and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, half and half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and whisk until incorporated. Add the linguine and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese and spinach and stir until the spinach starts to wilt. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from therecipecritic.com