Parmesan Italian Meatballs and Sauce
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- ½ lb. pork sausage
- 1 large egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ¼ c. freshly grated parmesan
- ½ c. white bread crumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley (less if using fresh parsley)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 (29 oz.) cans tomato puree
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 can (your choice of size) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl until evenly distributed (it’s ok to get your hands dirty here!).
- Form into 1 ½ to 2 inch meatballs, according to preference.
- Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet, add meatballs and brown on all sides; 10-15 minutes total.
- In large pot combine all ingredients.
- Mix until tomato paste is well incorporated.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add browned meatballs and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- Cook 16 oz. Country Pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and place in large serving bowl.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over warm pasta and enjoy!