This is a wonderful traditional Kugel recipe that would be a welcome addition to any Sunday brunch or holiday gathering.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman with the Food Network
- 1/2 pound Country Pasta Wide Egg Noodles
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook noodles 18 minutes or until the desired “bite” is reached; strain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all other ingredients; add cooked noodles and stir into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and middle is set.
- Once removed from oven let rest for 10-20 minutes before serving.