Leftover Ham and Asparagus Country Pasta
- 8 oz. Country Pasta Egg Pasta, uncooked
- 8 oz. Fresh asparagus, cut into two-inch pieces
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 8 oz. cooked, diced ham
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add asparagus to boiling water in last five minutes of cooking.
- Put onto a serving platter.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter into the cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When it begins to boil, add the Parmesan cheese and spices.
- Stir continuously until mixture thickens.
- Add the diced ham and cook, stirring an additional three to five minutes or until heated through.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and asparagus.
- Toss and serve.