Italian Tomato Bake
A hearty, wholesome, and tasty dish!
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for coating and drizzling)
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 C grated pecorino romano cheese
- Generous pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ lb. mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ jar sun-dried tomatoes
- Italian Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 10 x 12” baking dish with olive oil.
- Brown sausage.
- Halfway through, add garlic and continue cooking.
- Combine the sausage, ricotta, egg yolks, ½ cup of the pecorino romano, nutmeg, sun dried tomatoes, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix together.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the ricotta mixture.
- Toss well.
- Add the heated tomato sauce and the mozzarella and toss again.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbling hot and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.