Servings: 4 Servings
Set the slow cooker and come home to a spicier twist on a traditional favorite. Relax, dinner is done!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 tsp of Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Lemon Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz Country Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with Cajun seasoning.
- Next add the remaining ingredients except for the pasta, and set the slow cooker on high. *Note the high setting will cook the chicken in about two and half hours. If you prefer a longer cook time set the slow cooker on low for about 4 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked; shred the chicken and stir to combine with other ingredients.
- When chicken and sauce mixture are complete; cook pasta according to package directions. *Note the pasta will take about 20 minutes to cook to al dente. For timing purposes we suggest beginning to cook the pasta while you shred the chicken and finish the sauce.
- When pasta is cooked to al dente; drain water and top with Cajon Chicken Alfredo mixture. Garnish with Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: We opted not to use the green peppers and instead added mushrooms which were a great addition to this dish.
Recipe adapted from Getinmybelly.com
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Ray
- 16 oz. Country Pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. ground burger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 - 14oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 1 - 8oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add Country Pasta (water should cover all pasta).
- Cook pasta for 18 - 28 minutes, or until it reaches your desired "bite".
- While pasta is cooking, begin sautéing chopped bacon over medium/high heat in a deep skillet until it is brown and crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Next drain off excess fat, but leaving enough to coat the bottom of the skillet; add ground beef and cook thoroughly. Remove fat from ground beef if needed.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir into the cooked ground beef.
- Season meat mixture with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of beer and deglaze pan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes more, then stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add the hot (drained) pasta to the meat and sauce and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cooked bacon, sharp cheddar, and green onions.