Creamy Lemon Casserole
20 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 16 oz. Country Pasta, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 (or more) cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, one zested & juiced.
- Use the second lemon for more juice!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- 2 c. sour cream
- ½ -1 tsp. sea salt (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse in warm water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter with olive oil over low heat.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your garlic and zest one whole lemon with a microplane zester or grater.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and squeeze lemon juice into pan. Make sure to remove seeds from lemon first.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and mix well.
- Add lemon zest and salt to taste.
- Pour mixture over drained pasta and stir until pasta is well coated.
- Pour into an oven safe casserole dish, cover with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until top begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, add a little more fresh lemon juice, and top with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan. Allow to cool (and melt cheese) for 5 minutes, then serve.