Country Pasta Tequila Chicken (Cinco de Mayo!)
- 16 oz. Country Pasta Egg Pasta, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. tequila
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh limejuice
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cilantro, garlic and jalapeno pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tequila and limejuice; bring to a boil.
- Cook until mixture is reduced and is a paste-like consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken in the soy sauce for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Add the onion and the three kinds of bell peppers, sauté, stirring occasionally until the peppers wilt.
- Add the chicken and soy sauce to the peppers.
- Mix together with the tequila paste and the heavy cream; bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Top with the cilantro.