Country Pasta Minestrone Soup
A healthy, hearty and filling soup to satisfy your hunger even on the coldest winter night!
- 49 oz. can of chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini or navy) beans, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of Homemade Style Country Pasta
- Grated or sliced Parmesan Cheese to top
- Basil sprigs, garnish, optional
- In a large stock pot, combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add Homemade Style Country Pasta.
- In a saute pan, melt 3 Tbsp. of butter and add chopped carrots and zucchini.
- Saute for about 4 minutes then add celery and onion.
- Saute for another 2 minutes, add 2 cloves minced garlic and stir.
- Top with fresh chopped spinach. Let warm, then add entire vegetable mixture to the soup.
- Continue soup at a rolling boil until pasta is cooked to your desired bite (total time for pasta to cook is around 18-20 minutes).
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil sprigs.
- Serve with garlic toast.