Cocktail Weiners Country Chicken Soup
Recipe submitted by K. Wastlund of Louisiana
- 1 whole chicken
- ½ cup butter
- 1-cup minced garlic
- 1-cup minced onion
- 1-cup finely diced carrots
- 8-cups water
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 package cocktail wieners
- 2 handfuls Country Pasta Egg Pasta
- Sauté onion and carrot in a deep stockpot with butter.
- When onions are translucent, add garlic, water, chicken, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook for 1 hour (or use pressure cooker for 15 minutes).
- Remove chicken from the pot.
- Add pasta to stockpot; cook until done.
- While pasta is cooking, de-bone the chicken, set aside.
- Sauté cocktail wieners in separate pan until caramelized (don’t add anything to the pan to caramelize).
- When pasta is just about done, add chicken and cocktail wieners.
- Deglaze the wiener’s sauté pan with ½ cup water and add to stockpot.
- Let soup come back to temperature and serve.