Warm up with this hearty classic!
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 12 oz. bottle beer
- 1 16 oz. Country Pasta Wide Egg Noodles
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium to high heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until tender - about 5 minutes.
- Next add ground burger and Italian sausage stirring often until crumbled and brown. Drain any fat from meat mixture and return to pot.
- Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, and beer, and bring to a boil - about 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to medium to low and simmer for 30 minutes, continuing to stir often.
- While chili is simmering, heat water in a separate pot to boiling, add Country Pasta Wide Egg Noodles. Cook for 18-22 minutes. Once noodles are cooked, drain and top with chili. Garnish with the toppings of your choice.
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com, Classic Beef Chili.