Shake up Taco Tuesday with a hearty taco bake!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
- 16 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded + more for topping if desired
- Cook ground beef until cooked thoroughly; drain fat.
- Add cooked beef, beef broth, water, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, enchilada sauce, and cream cheese to slow cooker. Stir all ingredients until combined. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- During last 25 minutes heat water for pasta and cook for 18 - 20 minutes. Once pasta is cooked; drain and add to slow cooker. Next add 2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir until well combined. Let this cook for 15 minutes more.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa.
The recipe has great flavor, but if you prefer a spicier kick we suggest adding a can of diced green chilies and using a medium to hot enchilada sauce. A little pepper-jack in lieu of cheddar would be a nice finishing touch as well.
Original Recipe courtesy of Family Fresh Meals