Servings: 4 Servings
Set the slow cooker and come home to a spicier twist on a traditional favorite. Relax, dinner is done!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 tsp of Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Lemon Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz Country Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with Cajun seasoning.
- Next add the remaining ingredients except for the pasta, and set the slow cooker on high. *Note the high setting will cook the chicken in about two and half hours. If you prefer a longer cook time set the slow cooker on low for about 4 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked; shred the chicken and stir to combine with other ingredients.
- When chicken and sauce mixture are complete; cook pasta according to package directions. *Note the pasta will take about 20 minutes to cook to al dente. For timing purposes we suggest beginning to cook the pasta while you shred the chicken and finish the sauce.
- When pasta is cooked to al dente; drain water and top with Cajon Chicken Alfredo mixture. Garnish with Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: We opted not to use the green peppers and instead added mushrooms which were a great addition to this dish.
Recipe adapted from Getinmybelly.com