Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup
Recipe from Taste of Home: www.tasteofhome.com.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 4-6 oz. Country Pasta (revised from original recipe)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook both the broccoli and pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the water, milk and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in the broccoli, pasta and sour cream; heat through (do not boil).