Recipe inspiration courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 3 cups hot, cooked Country Pasta wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion in butter over medium heat (until beef is no longer pink).
- Add the mushrooms, wine or beef broth, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley, bay leaf, clove, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer until beef becomes tender (about an hour).
- Next combine flour and water until smooth (Tip: combine flour and water in quart jar; secure lid and shake!).
- Once combined stir into beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil once more; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- You can know remove the bay leaf and clove.
- Stir in browning sauce if desired.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.